The top 10 medical treatments people travel to Tijuana for.
With all this on mind, we have decided to conduct a poll with our long list of medical traveler's, doctors and clinics, to determine the ten most popular procedures that people travel to Tijuana for. Here is the previously mentioned list of the Top 10 medical treatments people travel to Tijuana for.
1. Bariatric Surgery. Bariatric or Weight Loss Surgery in Tijuana is a surgery that helps patients who suffer from obesity lose excess weight. There are various types of Bariatric Surgeries being Gastric Sleeve the most common weight loss surgery today, in this type of bariatric surgery the surgeon cuts 80 percent of the stomach to reduce its capacity and the amount of food intake. World-renowned bariatric surgeons such as Alberto Carlos MD, FACS have establish their practice in Tijuana. We also have State-of-the-art hospitals and Bariatric Surgery Centers that makes Weight Loss Surgery the most popular medical treatment people travel to Tijuana for.
2. Dentistry. Dental treatments and oral surgery can be expensive in the US and many aren’t covered by Insurance, so traveling to Tijuana to find affordable, high-quality dental care has become an increasingly popular option. Whether you’re missing teeth or experiencing pain as a result of injury or tooth decay or you’re looking to enhance the appearance of your smile, there are a number of dental procedures available in Tijuana that can give you a natural-looking smile whilst allowing you to eat and talk comfortably. Common dental procedures which people travel to Tijuana for include veneers, tooth implants, crowns, tooth whitening and braces.
3. Stem Cell Treatment. Stem Cell Treatment refers to the use of stem cells (cells capable of giving rise to more cells) to treat or prevent a disease or condition. Stem Cell Treatment has been being used as a medical treatment for several years now. In Tijuana ProgenCell - Stem Cell Therapies doctors are pioneers in stem cell treatment. With over 10 years of experience they are among the leaders in this exciting new field of medicine. Some Stem Cell Treatments are not yet approved by FDA in the US, and this among the cost and effectiveness are the main factors people travel to Tijuana to get stem cell treatment.
4. Plastic Surgery. Tijuana has a rich history in plastic surgery, and nowadays there is a wide range of procedures available. Plastic Surgeons accesibility and affordable pricing have make this one of the most popular medical treatments people visit Tijuana for. When someone has realistic expectations of what plastic surgery can achieve, those seeking plastic or reconstructive surgery benefit from increased self-esteem. In Tijuana, highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeons offer their services and thousands of patients visit the city to undergo safe, effective and affordable plastic surgery.
5. Eye Surgery. The most common types of eye surgery that medical tourists come to Tijuana for include: Automated lamellar keratoplasty (ALK), Laser assisted in-situ keratomileusis (LASIK), Laser assisted sub-epithelial keratomileusis (LASEK). Patients can find highly skilled ophthalmology specialists and pay up to 80% less than in the US and Canada, making eye surgery of the top medical treatments travelo to Tijuana for.
6. IVF. In Vitro Fertilization - in which a woman's eggs are removed and fertilized in a laboratory using sperm before being implanted into the woman's womb - can be a very expensive procedure. Tijuana is amongst the medical tourism destinations in which specialized fertility treatment is offered at a fraction of the cost of the US. Families wishing to have children travel to Tijuana for fertility treatment. Along with IVF, other popular treatments and tests include egg freezing, donor egg IVF and embryo donation, fertility assessment, semen analysis, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
7. Scans, Tests, Screenings and Second Opinions. A high number of people visit Tijuana in order to access the most technologically advanced equipment and pay significantly less for tests and scans including blood tests, ultrasounds, cancer screening, mammography, endoscopy, gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ulcer assessment, EKGs, diagnostic X-rays, and CT, MRI and PET scans. Several hospitals in Tijuana offer fixed-price checkup and screening packages for medical tourists.
8. Hair Transplantation. Hair Transplantation Treatments have improved vastly over the past decade and as a result it has become a very popular procedure. Hair transplantation can restore the hair of men and women with partial baldness by transplanting new follicles into balding areas. Hair transplantation is recommended for anyone who wants a permanent, natural-looking solution to partial baldness. Tijuana has become a hub for hair transplantation as it’s home to some of the most experienced hair transplant specialists in the world, like the internation franchise DHI - Hair Restoration Clinic who has recently establish facilities in Tijuana. With the average cost of the procedure at up to 50% less than in the US it’s easy to see why Tijuana it’s such a popular destination.
9. Orthopedics. Tijuana is amongst the popular tourist destinations for those wishing to undergo various orthopedic surgeries, including but not limited to hip replacement, knee replacement, shoulder joint replacement, hip resurfacing and anterior cruciate ligament repair. Medical tourists seeking orthopedic surgery in Tijuana can avoid being put on long waiting lists and pay a significantly lesser amount than in the US and Canada.
10. Cancer Treatment. When treating Cancer time is the most important factor patients travel to Tijuana for treatment, to avoid being put on a waiting list in their own country. The high cost of treatment is another significant reason that many people seek out treatment in Tijuana. A number of patients travel to Tijuana to receive cancer treatment including radiotherapy, chemotherapy and CyberKnife treatment.
Find the right doctor in Tijuana, and save up to 80% in medical bills.
Meical Tourism Tijuana works only with certified doctors and clinics.